Sunday, October 29, 2006

I'm pretty glad I didn't go to SA or CJ. I'm really glad I worked instead of first 3 months. I mean I'd have remained the stuck up brat I've been all these years had it not been for all of that. I think work really really changed me. I'm really grateful my parents made me start right from the bottom. I probably wouldn't have matured so much if I went with the Four Seasons job. Give me Carl's Jr. any day baby.

I so totally miss being a workaholic. I used to clock the most hours week after week. 16 hour shifts just give you this total sense of accomplishment you know. Like you made it another day, and nothing's ever gonna get to you. Like you can handle anything that comes your way. I miss the people I worked with. They were such a fun lot. They didn't pretend to be smart and into smart people things, they were just people. So original and so refreshing. I mean I totally loved coming to work cause it was a new thing everyday. Dancing during off-peak and sleeping under sinks. And bullying the boys into doing the really hard/gross stuff for you.

I remember feeling so estranged from all my friends at that time. Like I never wanted to meet anyone or go for sleepovers or my marathon movie sessions with Shane, Tryna, Glenn and Mikae. I just felt so different from everyone else, and I guess that feeling's never really gone away. It really just feels like no one gets me now. I wish someone would waltz into my life and take over the now somewhat empty position of best friend. Then again everyone's so busy these days it doesn't seem very likely.

I hate being in JC. I hate being the dumping ground for everyone and everything. I hate the stress and I hate the people. Well most of them anyway. Sure I've met some really nice people. But its like most of them are just so fake. Trying so hard to fit in, changing into something its really obvious they're not. Maybe its just this phase in our lives you know. Like this period of time where no one has any clue of who they are or where they're headed. That or maybe everyone's just too grade obsessed to see anything deeper than books.

I think I might be pregnant. I've been having the oddest food cravings lately. I had lemon apple pie for breakie, an egg foldover with bacon stuffed for lunch and breaded zucchini and potato gratin for dinner. And tomato juice the entire day. I like how Mama isn't at home to complain about how all her fruits and veges are disappearing at the speed of light. Yummy yummy. I'm making Adri bring home a coconut for me cause I'm currently craving the pulp. Yikes. Mama said she had coconut cravings all the time when she was pregnant with me. Hm. Intriguing I'm sure.

No comments: